Tag Archives: Choking

Rosh Haayin Woman Chokes, Revived By First Responders

On Monday morning, a woman in her early 40s choked in her home in Rosh Haayin. Worried family members called emergency services for help. United Hatzalah’s Dispatch and Command Center received the alert and dispatched the closest first responders to … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features, Vehicles | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

An Immigrant Doctor, A Soldier, and His Father, Save A Life During Friday Night Dinner

Last Friday night, a woman choked while having dinner with her family in a well-known restaurant in Modi’in. Her relatives immediately alerted emergency services, and were relieved to see two United Hatzalah EMTs arrive at the scene within mere seconds. … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Good Neighbor: United Hatzalah Volunteer Saves Her Neighbor’s Life

Last week, Tamar Grunebaum Ben Ari, a United Hatzalah volunteer in Kfar Saba, was at her home when she received a call about a suffocation victim. What would normally be a routine event for a woman who has been an … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features, Women Volunteers | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

I Saved My Sister’s Life Thanks To a First Aid Course I Took With The Ten Kavod Project

My name is Moriah Dorfman. I am an 18-year-old girl from Bat Yam and I recently saved the life of my 6-year-old sister. This past June I completed a first-aid course that I took through United Hatzalah as part of … Continue reading

Posted in Education and training, Ten Kavod, UH Volunteer Features, Uncategorized, Women Volunteers | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Choking Baby in Umm al-Fahm Saved By Her Aunt’s Quick Intervention

On Sunday afternoon just after 3:30 p.m., a seven-month-old baby choked on some food that she was eating. Her worried mother, knowing that her own sister-in-law is a United Hatzalah volunteer EMT called her and asked for help.  United Hatzalah … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features, Vehicles, Women Volunteers | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Medical Staff and EMTs Save The Life Of Choking Resident in a Senior’s Home in Kiryat Ata

On Monday around noon, a 62-year-old man choked on a boureka that he was eating in a nursing home in Kiryat Ata. The choking senior was brought to the attention of the surrounding medical personnel who immediately started to try … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Sweet Success For The Second Time

On Friday afternoon in Rechovot, a 5-year-old girl was enjoying a lollipop on the street with her parents. The candy got stuck in her throat and she started to choke. Her panic-stricken parents immediately called emergency services while desperately crying … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features, Women Volunteers | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Choking During Snack Time

On Monday afternoon at around 4:30 p.m., a 3-and-a-half-year-old boy was visiting his grandparents in Beit Shemesh and eating an orange with them in the kitchen when a piece of the fruit got stuck in his throat. His grandparents panicked … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

105-Year-Old Haifa Woman Chokes In Her Home, Successfully Resuscitated

On Tuesday morning, a 105-year-old woman choked while eating her breakfast in her own home in Haifa. Both her son-in-law and her caretaker were with her as her face turned blue and she started to lose consciousness. Upon recognizing the … Continue reading

Posted in Press | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Older Petach Tikvah Man Chokes on Falafel, Successfully Resuscitated by First Responders Who Were Passing By

On Tuesday afternoon at around 12:30 p.m., a man in his 80’s choked while eating falafel outside a shop on Chaim Ozer street in Petach Tikvah.   United Hatzalah volunteer EMT Neria Cohen had just checked out of the store right … Continue reading

Posted in Press, UH Volunteer Features | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment