Effective Date: May 23, 2023
Friends of United Hatzalah is a 501(c)3 registered in the State of New York (EIN 11-3533002) and is affiliated with United Hatzalah of Israel (Charity No. 580465979), United Hatzalah Canada (Charity ID 83825 5180 RR0001), British Friends of United Hatzalah (Charity No. 1101329), and United Hatzalah France (Association No. W751225617).
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
- Information we collect about you and how we collect it
- How we use your information
- Sharing and disclosure of personal information
- Communication preferences
- Access, correction, and deletion of your personal information
- Your California privacy rights
- Data security
- Special notice to individuals in the European economic area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland
- Integration of third-party services and public forums
- Children’s privacy
- Contact us
1. Information we Collect About you and How we Collect it
The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but is not limited to: information you provide to us, information collected automatically about your use of our Site and Apps, information from third parties, and information received from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our Services to you, and to detect fraud.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us: The personal information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Form Submissions: information that you provide by filling in our Contact Us form to request information or assistance, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number and/or information you enter into the free-form box;
- Newsletter Sign-ups: information relating to our eNewsletter blasts, such as first and last name, and email address;
- Technical Support: information you provide when you report a problem with our Services or otherwise communicate with us by email, our Site, by telephone, in writing or through other means;
- Making Donations: information that you provide by filling in our Donor form pages, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, birthday, gender, marital status, partner name, education, profession, company and/or information you enter into the message box;
- Donor Services: records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us by telephone or in writing, including for donor support;
- Volunteer Participation: information related to your participation in our volunteer programs, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number and/or resume;
- Location: information pertaining to your device’s location and Apps usage;
- Surveys and Feedback: information relating to your participation in a survey that we may ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Payment Information: payment card, transaction or financial account information, when you make a donation;
- Device Permissions: information relating to your use of features of our Services that may ask you to grant us access to the camera, media files, or microphone on your computer or mobile device.
- Information from Third Parties: When you interact with our Services or accounts on a social media platform, we may collect the personal information that you or such third-party platform make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, your profile picture, email address, friends list or information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
- Information Collected Automatically: As you navigate through and interact with our Site or Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your mobile devices and/or other equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Information About Your Use of our Services: when you browse our Site or Apps, our systems automatically collect information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request.
- Device Information: if you access our Services through a mobile device (e.g., a smart phone or tablet), we may be able to identify the general location of your mobile device, your mobile device’s brand, model, operating system, resolution, screen size, system version, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
- Information Collected from Other Sources: We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, to improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and to prevent or detect fraud.
- Some information we collect is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions, and give you product or customer recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
2. How we use your information
- To Provide You with Service-Related Communications: contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services you have registered to use, and notifying you about changes to our Services, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide though our Services;
- To Provide Donor/Volunteer Support or to Respond to You: providing you with notices about your donor or volunteer account, including renewal notices, and responding to your questions or other requests;
- To Send You Donor and Promotional Emails: contacting you with newsletters, donor marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you based on our Services that you already use or the offerings that you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- For Internal Use and Services Improvement: accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity, including determining which features and services users like best to help us operate, enhance and improve our Services;
- To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance: processing personal information to pay our taxes, fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws, or as necessary to manage risk under applicable law.
- For Customization: Saving your donor or volunteer account or other personal information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use our Services); tracking your return visits to and use of our Services; tailoring your experience on our Services; and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use our Services;
- With Your Consent: For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which is reasonably necessary to provide our Services or other related products and/or services requested, with your permission or upon your direction;
5. Communications Preferences
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of this website. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about UH, our Site, and our other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction or security-related communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section, below.
You may also update information about your donor or volunteer account with us. We will update and correct your donor profile if you wish to make changes.
Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe will not be retrieved or rescinded, unless required by applicable law.
Similarly, you may opt in to receive text messages, telephone calls and mailings.
6. Access, Correction, and Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, correct and delete your personal information that you shared with us on our Services or through other written or oral means, subject to certain limitations. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. However, it is up to you to update it with any changes.
You may also notify us via the information in the “Contact Us” section below to request access to, or to correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect, such as for maintaining a record of donors.
If you no longer wish to have your personal information be processed, you may request to delete your donor or volunteer account, subject to certain limitations, by contacting us as described below. Once you submit your request, we will send an email to the email address linked to your donor or volunteer account requesting that you confirm your deletion request. Once you confirm your request, this process cannot be cancelled, undone, withdrawn, or reversed. When your account is deleted, all associated personal information is deleted.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies only to California residents.
California Civil Code §1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below in the “Contact Us” section.
UH is a not-for-profit accrediting organization and, as such, does not fall within the scope of the definition of “business” set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civ. Code §1798.100 et. seq. (“CCPA”), and therefore is not subject to that law.
For California residents only, below is a summary of the “Personal Information” categories as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140(o)) that we collect, the reason we collect this Personal Information, where we obtain the Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information.
- identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices;
- protected classifications, such as education-related information;
- commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- Internet or other electronic information regarding your browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information;
- your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information;
- professional or employment-related information; and
- inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We collect your Personal Information for the business purposes described in Section 3, above. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of Personal Information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information are listed in Section 4, above.
If you are a California resident, then under the CCPA you have rights in relation to your Personal Information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, businesses subject to the CCPA—which UH is not—cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account, or the security of a business’s network systems. Although UH is not subject to the CCPA, we note that California residents generally benefit from the following rights:
- Right Against Discrimination – California residents have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section.
- Right to Know – California residents have the right to request a copy of the specific Personal Information a business has collected about a California consumer during the 12 months prior to the request.
- Right to Delete – California residents have the right to request that a business delete any Personal Information collected or maintained about them, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of Selling – California residents have the right to opt-out of having their Personal Information sold. UH does not sell your Personal Information and is not subject to the CCPA.
8. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or other encryption technology, or will use our third-party payment processors, who will use appropriate security procedures.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Services.
9. Special Notice to Individuals in the European economic area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland
This section only applies to individuals that access or use our Services while located in the EEA, United Kingdom and/or Switzerland (collectively, the “Designated Countries”). We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use some of our Services or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in.
When we rely on your IP address, we cannot apply the terms of this section to any individual that masks or otherwise hides their location information from us so as not to appear located in the Designated Countries. If any terms in this section conflict with other terms contained in this Policy, the terms in this section shall apply to users in the Designated Countries.
- Consent to International Transfers of Personal Information. As needed for our business operations, we may store, process and transmit the personal information of individuals residing in Designated Countries to the United States or other jurisdictions that may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws of the country in which you reside. If you do not consent to your information being transferred to the United States or outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use our Services.
When we transfer your personal information to the United States or elsewhere, we do so subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the applicable data protection laws.
- Our Relationship to You. UH is a data controller with regard to any personal information collected from individuals accessing or using our Services. A “data controller” is an entity that determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information is processed.
- Marketing. We will only contact individuals located in the Designated Countries by electronic means (including email or telephone) based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law, or the individual’s consent. When we rely on legitimate interests, we will only send you information about our offerings or Services that are similar to those which were the subject of a previous donation or sale to you. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way or to disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes, please click an unsubscribe link in your emails or contact us at [email protected]. You can object to direct marketing at any time and free of charge.
Purposes of Processing Legal Basis for Processing Section 3(a) To Provide You Our Services Section 3(b) To Provide You with Service-Related Communications Section 3(c) To Provide Donor/Volunteer Support or Respond to You Section 3(e) For Internal Use and Services Improvement Section 3(f) To Enforce Compliance with Our Agreements or Policies Section 4(a) [Disclosure] Within Our Corporate Organization Section 4(b) [Disclosure to] Our Service Providers Based on our contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Section 3(d) Send You Donor and Promotional Emails Section 4(b) [Disclosure to] Our Service Providers Based on your consent. Section 3(e) For Internal Use and Services Improvement Section 3(f) To Enforce Compliance with Our Agreements or Policies Section 3(g) To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Section 4(d) Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Based on our legal obligations. Section 4(d) Disclosure for Law Enforcement To protect your vital interests. Section 3(b) To Provide You with Service-Related Communications Section 3(c) To Provide Donor/Volunteer Support or Respond to You Section 3(e) For Internal Use and Services Improvement Section 3(h) For Customization
Section 4(a) [Disclosure] Within Our Corporate Organization Section 4(b) [Disclosure to] Our Service Providers Section 4(c) [Disclosure] Relating to Corporate Transactions
Based on our legitimate interests. When we process your personal data for our legitimate business interests we always ensure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
- Your Individual Rights. We provide you with the rights described below when you use our Services. We may limit your individual rights requests in the following ways: (a) where denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on others’ privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; and (d) where the request is frivolous or burdensome.
If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at [email protected]. When we fulfill your individual rights requests for correction (or rectification), erasure or restriction of processing, we will notify third parties also handling the relevant personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The Right to Access, Update or Delete the Information We Have on You: Whenever possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The Right of Rectification: You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The Right of Restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The Right to Data Portability: You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The Right to Withdraw Consent: You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where UH relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Automated Individual Decision-Making, Including Profiling: While you do have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, under applicable law, UH does not subject your personal information to such processing activities.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
10. Integration of Third-Party Services and Public Forums
Our Services may include a community environment or forum for individuals to discuss topics of their choosing. Unless a commenter or poster is identified as an official UH moderator or has an officially verified UH account, UH has no responsibility for the content, advice, transmissions, or other communications made within such a forum.
11. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child under 13 provided our Services with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us as described below so that we may promptly delete the child’s information from our record.
12. Contact Us
Friends of United Hatzalah
442 5th Ave, Suite 1866
New York, NY 10018
Tax ID: 11-3533002
United Hatzalah of Israel
78 Yirmiyahu Street
P.O.B 36233 Jerusalem 91361
Charity No: 580465979
United Hatzalah Canada
3093 Bathurst Street
T: (647) 533 4497
Rachel Haar | Canada Director
Charity ID 83825 5180 RR0001
British Friends of United Hatzalah Israel
Suite 12 – The Brentano Suite
First Floor, Lyttelton House
2 Lyttelton Road, London, N2 0EF
Office: 020 3823 4650
Mobile: 07809 467 933
Charity No. 1101329
United Hatzalah France
259 rue Saint-Honoré
T (FR): +33 1 86 98 53 49
T (IL): +972 54 674 3209
Association no. W751225617