United Hatzalah Cookies Policy
Effective Date: May 23, 2023
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
- Cookies: Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes:
- to make our Services function properly;
- to improve our Services;
- to make login to our Services easier (such as by remembering your user ID);
- to recognize you when you return to our Services;
- to track your interaction with our Services;
- to enhance your experience with our Services;
- to remember information you have already provided;
- to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests;
- and to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Site as you reasonably expect. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Site. Without these cookies, some Site features cannot be provided. This category of cookies is essential for our Site to work and so they cannot be disabled.
- Functional or Preference Cookies. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Site to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Site. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Site.
- Performance or Analytic Cookies. These cookies collect passive information about how you use our Site, including webpages you visit and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Site. You can disable these cookies.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting ads that are based on your inferred interests. Our third-party advertising partners may use these cookies to build a profile of your interests and deliver relevant ads on other sites. You may disable the use of these cookies as noted below.
- Analytics: We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site. Presently, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports Site traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Other Tracking Technologies: To see how our Site is performing we sometimes use conversion beacons, tags, scripts and pixels, which fire a short line of code to tell us when you have clicked on a particular button or reached a particular page. We also use these tracking technologies to analyze usage patterns of our Services. The use of these technologies allows us to record that a particular device, browser, or application has visited a particular webpage.
- Your Choices: Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below.
- First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Site may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. Once you click the links for these industry-initiated consumer choice platforms you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences. More information may be found for the following browsers here:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
- Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Site does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
- Location Information: You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. See your device settings for more information.